Full-Length Ensemble Show
Tinder & Ash
An evening-length ensemble circus-theater show about the little and big deaths we experience in our lives, about losing and finding ourselves and each other, about intimacy and support, about grief and humility, about avoidance and forgiveness, and, through it all, the magnificent journey of transformation. Tinder & Ash unites the virtuosic nature of circus with the vulnerability of humans being.
Created & performed by: Amaya Alvarado, Lauren Feldman, Fe Fox, Megan Gendell, & Anthony Oliva
With creative consultation from Jesse Dryden & Jamie Hodgson
- Performances: SummerStage NYC, New England Center for Circus Arts (NECCA)
- Workshop presentation through La TOHU at Ecole Nationale de Cirque
- Developed through a creation residency at La TOHU (Montreal, QC) & a development residency at the Orchard Project (Saratoga Springs, NY)
The Falling and the Catching
Duo trapeze act
Two women fall in love (and navigate the fear and intimacy that follows) ten feet in the air. A duet on one trapeze.
- Performances: Sir Cupcake's Queer Circus Goes Back In Time (Portland, OR), Tell It Slant: A Feminist Cabaret (Tangle Movement Arts, Philadelphia), Topsy Turvy (San Francisco)
Duo trapeze act
“Frolic” offers a glimpse of a playful, intimate, and enduring friendship, an ode to those with whom we can be our most joyful, open, and trusting selves.
- Performances: Bindlestiff Family Cirkus' Third Coast Cabaret (Chicago Contemporary Circus Festival), Golden Karl International Festival (Riga, Latvia), Topsy Turvy (San Francisco), Timelines (Tangle Movement Arts, Philadelphia)
Kinds of Stillness
Through handstands and text, Lauren investigates different kinds of stillness, sharing the story of the first time she kissed a girl, reflections on the gradual disappearance of a loved one, and an attempt to find her own grounding alone.
- Performance: Eighteen Tickets to Elsewhere (New England Center for Circus Arts, Brattleboro, VT)
And I Miss You
Solo static trapeze act
Set to a soundscape of autobiographical voicemails and a cappella song, a woman learns of the passing of her grandmothers and is launched into a journey through absence, grief, and what comes after.
- Peformances: HOT! Festival (Dixon Place, NYC), An (Adjective) (Noun) of Circus Proportions (New England Center for Circus Arts, Brattleboro, VT)
What of an Afternoon
Duo trapeze act
Two strangers cross paths and discover a kindred spirithood. They come to know each other, invest in each other, love each other. And then one of them fades from the life of the other, pulling away for reasons never shared, leaving the two with absence and loss.
- Performances: HOT! Festival (Dixon Place, NYC), Topsy Turvy (San Francisco)
Collaboration & Dramaturgy
TINDER & ASH
Ensemble circus-theater show
- Excerpt performance: SummerStage, NYC, 2015
- Workshop performance: New England Center for Circus Arts, Brattleboro, 2015
- Development residency: Orchard Project, Saratoga Springs, 2015
- Creation residency: La TOHU, Montreal, 2014
The Bizarre and Curious Quest of Killian Cog
Ensemble circus show by ImaginAerial
- Touring and available for booking.
- Click here to read ImaginAerial's blog post about our dramaturgical collaboration!
And If You Lose Your Way, or A Food Odyssey
Audience-interactive ensemble play with music
- Production: The Invisible Dog, directed by Pirronne Yousefzadeh, NYC, 2014
- Nomination: New York Innovative Theatre Award
- Production: Philadelphia Live Arts Festival / Swim Pony, directed by Adrienne Mackey, Philadelphia, 2011
One-woman play with movement and trapeze
- Performance: HOT! Festival, Dixon Place, co-created with Diana Y Greiner, NYC, 2011
PLAYBACK: PICASSO and PLAYBACK: JACQUES BREL
Youth-ensemble-created-and-performed shows through Two River Theater
- Performances: Two River Theatre Company, directed and co-facilitated by Pirronne Yousefzadeh, Red Bank, NJ, 2010-2012